Our fees cover everything you need and nothing you don't.
The prices below are for bookings with strings or flute ensembles and include:
- Complimentary musician travel to any venue within 30 mins of Perth CBD
- Selection of of the 700 songs in our Repertoire List; and
- Unlimited email/phone communication in the lead up to your event for your peace of mind.
The listed fees are a guide only and may vary depending on your event requirements. Please contact us for a quote. Click to enlarge.
Minimum Booking Times
Minimum booking times are in place because past experience shows us that booking times shorter than shown below are insufficient.
- Civil wedding ceremony: 1 hr minimum (ceremony approx. 20 mins)
- Religious wedding ceremony (nuptial service only): 1 hr 15 mins minimum (ceremony approx. 35-50 mins)
- Religious wedding ceremony (full mass service): 1 hr 30 mins minimum (ceremony approx 50-65 mins)
- All other events: 1 hour minimum
About the Ensembles
Quartet: 2 violins, viola, cello OR flute, violin, viola, cello.
The original and our most popular string ensemble, accounting for more of our bookings than all other ensembles combined. The quartet is exceptional in providing contemporary music, with four musicians to each imitate the parts in a contemporary band and playing music in complete four part harmony. With a melody, harmony, rhythm and bass which blend to create a rich sound with lush tones, the quartet is extremely versatile and always our recommended choice for any event. The sound of a string quartet is unmatched by any other ensemble and we have chosen to price our quartet competitively so that you can enjoy its sound. The first violin can be swapped for a flute if the sound of flute is preferred.
Trio: 2 violins, cello OR flute, violin, cello
The trio is a well rounded but smaller ensemble. Comprising of three instruments, the ensemble is able to play a melody and bass with either a harmony or rhythm line, depending on the piece. It omits the viola from a string quartet, so the sound is not as full or warm. The trio is a good compromise if you would love the presence of musicians but budget or floor space does not permit a string quartet.
Duo: Violin, cello OR flute, cello
A duo is a small ensemble that still packs a punch! Our most popular duo is the violin and cello duo, which allows for a melody and bass line. Some prefer the violin duet for a melody and harmony sound. With a minimal number of instruments the duo has a very simple sound and is less versatile than larger ensembles but is still able to play music from a wide range of styles. Duos with piano or harp are best suited to more delicate music.
Solo: Violin OR cello OR flute OR piano OR harp
The perfect sound to complement intimate events, solo instruments are best suited to small occasions with only a handful of guests. Violin, cello or flute soloists can still play our full range of repertoire but the sound will not be as full (think of the music as a lead singer without their band to back them). The solo piano or solo harp are better solo choices if you prefer modern music as they do not require another instrument's accompaniment.
- Song requests - Songs not in our Repertoire List (of 700 songs) - $50 per song as it takes us up t 4hrs to prepare the sheet music. More information on this can be found in our FAQ.
- Travel - if your venue is more than 30 mins from Perth CBD, a portion of the travel time will incur a cost. Price on application.
- Accommodation - if your venue is in a regional area and there is no way for musicians to safely travel back to Perth after the performance, you may be asked to cover one nights' accommodation fees. This will be discussed before booking.
- Amplification - amplification may be required for very large functions. Your venue may be able to provide this for you, otherwise we can organise this with our preferred AV providers and the cost will be passed on to you.
- Solo harp/piano or ensembles with harp/piano - these ensembles incur a surcharge to the prices listed above due to the higher cost of instrument maintenance and additional set up time required. Price on application.
- Attendance at wedding rehearsal - price on application.
- Accompaniment for singer - if you would like our ensemble to accompany your friend or family member, a rehearsal is required. Price on application.