It was so much fun to provide music for this couple! Their ceremony involved a lot of their family and the priest was a family friend. He made lots of jokes throughout and even included an optical illusion as part of his homily!
The bride and groom are both fans of the TV show, 'Game of Thrones.' They requested that this be the first song we play at their wedding, as background music! Since it was planned to be played first, the groom had assumed only he and his groomsmen would be around to hear it. On the day, it turns out a number of guests had arrived already! To their surprise (and delight!) we played it anyway. This was then followed by a number of romantic modern songs, including 'Thinking Out Loud' (Ed Sheeran) and 'Stay With Me' (Sam Smith).
As it was a full mass ceremony, there were many sections which required music. The bride and groom chose their music from many different styles.
- Processional: Canon in D (Pachelbel)
- Candle Lighting: Halo (Beyonce)
- Offertory: Winter (Vivaldi)
- Communion: Young and Beautiful (Lana del Ray) and Everything I Do (Bryan Adams)
- Signing of the Register: I'm Yours (Jason Mraz) and A Thousand Years (Christina Perri)
- Recessional: Marry You (Bruno Mars)
There wasn't much time after the ceremony as the church was booked for another wedding that afternoon! We played one more piece- 'Happy' (Pharell)- as guests left the church and mingled outside.